Post-doc in Luminescence Dating of Earthworks
We are hiring for a postdoc position at Wageningen University focused on luminescence dating of Dutch archaeological sites. Please see the full posting here. The deadline to apply is December 4.
Editor Position for Ancient TL
The LED Steering Committee is currently seeking a dedicated Editor. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the success and growth of the publication.
About Ancient TL
Ancient TL (ancienttl.org) is a journal devoted to luminescence dating, electron spin resonance (ESR) dating, and related techniques. It aims to publish papers detailing experimental and theoretical results in this field, with a minimum of delay between submission and publication. Ancient TL has a review system in which a direct dialogue is encouraged between reviewers and authors. Ancient TL also publishes a current bibliography, thesis abstracts, letters, and miscellaneous information (e.g., announcements for meetings). The scope, role and function of Ancient TL are among the topics that will be discussed by the LED steering committee. The new editor will have the opportunity to bring in ideas and shape the future of the journal.
The position is on an unpaid, volunteer basis. Currently Ancient TL publishes two issues per year, with 2-3 articles per issue. Key responsibilities include:
- Manuscript Review: Evaluate and arrange reviewing of submitted manuscripts for quality, relevance, and adherence to guidelines.
- Editorial Decision Making: Make informed decisions on the acceptance, revision, or rejection of submitted articles.
- Communication: Collaborate with authors and reviewers to ensure a smooth and efficient review process.
- Collaboration: Major changes to the journal should be made in consultation with the LED Steering Committee.
- Typesetting: Typeset articles in LaTeX and communicate with authors about correcting the proofs.
- Editorial Strategy: Contribute to the development and implementation of editorial policies and strategies to enhance the journal's impact and reach.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure that published content meets the journal's standards and conforms to ethical guidelines.
- Editorial Board: Lead the Editorial Board.
- Webpage: Maintain the webpage and web presence of the journal. This includes creating new pages for new journal issues, job ads, etc.
- Administrative: Ensure that the Journal is registered with required authorities; seek opportunities for indexing or registration.
- LED Steering Committee: The Editor of Ancient TL is also an ex-officio member of the LED Steering Committee.
- Duration: It is hoped that the Editor will occupy the position for a minimum of three years.
- Member of the trapped charge dating community with tenure-track-equivalent or permanent position. The position may be particularly beneficial for an early career researcher to strengthen their CV, and early career researchers are encouraged to apply.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with peer reviewing articles and the peer review process. No prior editorial experience is required.
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining high editorial standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team of authors and reviewers and the LED Steering Committee.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit queries and the following materials to Regina DeWitt:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting relevant experience and qualifications.
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the position and your vision for the journal's editorial direction.
- Contact information for two professional references.
The applications will be reviewed and the future editor will be selected by the Steering Committee.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2024